I’m really excited about the upcoming Windows Azure community event this Wednesday. It’s a full day of Windows Azure sessions streamed live on Channel 9. It starts with Scott Guthrie’s opening keynote. Scott’s a Corporate VP at Microsoft who can actually write code, and gives a very impressive demo. That will be a great start to a very interesting day, with developers showing you some of the things they know about Windows Azure that will help you develop applications on Microsoft’s awesome cloud platform. I think that’s one thing that’s really cool about this conference – it’s not the usual “here’s what windows azure is”, etc. – it’s *how* to apply all those great Windows Azure features in real-world situations.
The schedule for the individual sessions is here. They have sessions on:
- the new Windows Azure Mobile Services,
- building Windows Azure applications with HTML5 and Web Sockets,
- how to handle throttling and transient faults in Azure services,
- security and compliance challenges with hybrid clouds,
- how to achieve great performance at low cost,
- building cross-platform media applications using the Windows Azure Media Services,
- building elastic, autoscalable solutions, and
Some of the Windows Azure MVPs are also speaking. Michael Collier (twitter: @MichaelCollier) will show you how to automate the deployment of your new cloud solutions. Magnus Martensson (twitter: @noopman) showing how to achieve continuous delivery. Andy Cross (twitter: @andybareweb) will talk about Windows Azure and embedded devices.
Now, you might wonder about the cost of all this Azure greatness. Hard as it is to believe, it’s free! Just register here and all will be revealed to you.